GB Bell & Howell Sportster Double Run Eight Cine Camera & Mytal Anastigmat Taylor Lens
GB Bell & Howell Sportster Cine Camera With Taylor Lens 0.5 Inch F2.5
This 1930s/40s GB Bell & Howell Sportster Double Run Eight Cine Camera, with a Taylor Hobson 0.5 Inch F2.5 Lens, is one of the nicest condition cine cameras that I have seen! It is a double run eight camera using 8mm cine film.Half of the film is exposed at a time then the reel is flipped to expose the other half. The camera is in a beautiful hammered bronze metal finish and very well engineered.
It comes with its original leather travel pouch and a removable Mytal Anastigmat Taylor, Taylor, Hobson 0.5inch f/2.5 cine/movie camera lens with lens protector.
The camera does still appear to be working but I haven’t had a film through it for several years. It would make a fantastic display piece for the movie buff or vintage office if you can’t track down some 8mm film (which is still available at specialist retailers).
The camera comprises the following:-
- One Kodak Cine 8 Film Reel
- Right hand side
- Hand crank
- Film speed setting
- Reel timer
- Left Hand Side
- Film release button
- A dial which indicates Weston Film Speed, frames per second, camera speed and recommended f stop depending on the lighting conditions and level of shade.
- Front of the camera
- Two buttons which, when pressed together, release the lens
- The Taylor 0.5inch f/2.5 lens with lens filter
- The on/off switch (up for single frame and down for continuous)
- A viewfinder with frame guide (which can be flipped in or out).
A Serital Taylor, Taylor, Hobson 1.5 inch f/1.9 cine lens is also available. Please click on the following link.
Please click on the following link for more vintage photographic equipment.