Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have summarised the answers to some frequently asked questions (FAQs), e.g. about shipping, payment and customs duties. But please refer to our Terms and Conditions, Shipping and Returns, and Privacy policies for full details.
When you place your first order on an unfamiliar website, you are bound to have some questions to help you decide whether or not you should buy.
These are a few of the questions most frequently asked by our customers but, if these don’t answer your particular question, please feel free to get in touch via our contact page or, if you have a Facebook account, you can chat with us via Messenger by clicking on the red chat box at the bottom right hand side of the page. We aim to get back to you within 24 hours but it may be longer at weekends.
- The shipping costs quoted, up to 2Kg, are for the ‘Royal Mail Second Class Signed For’ service in the UK and ‘Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed’, for all countries other than the UK. The quoted prices for parcels weighing over 2kg are for shipping via Parcel Force.
- The UK postage costs for an item under 2Kg start at £2.95 for a small parcel.
- The actual shipping costs are not calculated until you reach the checkout stage as they are based on your actual postcode/Zipcode, and the size/weight of your item.
- For UK customers, we offer a wider range of shipping options from tracked only to tracked & signed, hence the final cost of shipping may be higher or, often, lower than that estimated.
- We do use other couriers e.g. Hermes/ UPS/ DHL, who provide a tracked and signed for service. Unfortunately, we are unable to send out items via an 'untracked' service. Neither the seller or customer are protected via Shopify/PayPal/Apple Pay buying and selling agreements if the item is sent untracked and/or unsigned for.
- Since courier prices differ significantly on a daily basis, we do endeavour to find the most economic courier, with an equivalent service, and refund you the difference wherever possible. Contact us for a shipping quote and we will hold an item for you for 48 hours until we have agreed a shipping price.
- We offer a discount on postage for multiple purchases in the same transaction. Please contact us for a quote prior to making payment.
- We aim to ship products between 1-5 working days of receipt of the order. We will contact you to advise you that the item has been shipped and give you an estimate of the shipping time. From our experience, the shipping time differs by country and choice of courier, and are often longer than those quoted by the courier. Please get in touch if you require expedited shipping.
Packing and Handling
We are a small family business, which unfortunately means that we do have to charge a small amount for packing and handling. This cost is included in the total price and is dependent on the size and weight of the item.
We store most of our goods in a secure storage facility. The packing fee also reflects; the time we spend packing the item; the cost of the packaging (boxes/ bubble wrap/ quavers/ mail bags/ labels); and drop off at the courier.
The packaging quavers/ fill/ peanuts are both biocompostable and biodegradable. Most of the other packaging we use can be recycled but please check with your local environmental agency as to how and where.
Customs and Import Duties
As a buyer you are responsible for all import duties, taxes or fees, which may be applied by your Custom’s department. Please check what these will be before buying.
Payment for Mullard Antiques and Collectibles
All payments are taken through the Shopify Payment Gateway or via PayPal Express. We have no access to your financial information. If you are paying by credit or debit cards, you will need to enter all your information at checkout. This process is only bypassed if you use an express method of payment. e.g Apple Pay or PayPal.
The store is level-1 PCI compliant, so you don't need to worry about the security of your credit card data. We also have a 256-bit SSL certificate to keep your information and data secure.
Our site is also protected with a SSL Premium Certificate. Check to ensure that you see the padlock next to ‘mullardantiques.co.uk’ in the url, or that you are on our secure website: https://mullardantiques.co.uk and not the http version.
Prices are quoted in GBP (British Pounds Stirling). There is a currency converter located in the footer of each page.