1940s Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta C Camera Tessar f3.8 10.5cm Lens
1940s Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta C Camera, Tessar f3.8 10.5cm Lens
This is a very nice, post WW2, 1940s Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta C Camera, Tessar f3.8 10.5cm Lens, 120 Roll Film Camera; a coupled rangefinder folding camera probably model 530/2. It is in fair condition.
Black in colour with chrome accents, it takes 6x9 cm (2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Inch) images on 120 medium format roll film.
The camera is quite difficult to use and we advise you to watch the following ‘You Tube’ Video, which explains how a similar type of Super Ikonta camera works.
- Comes complete with original Zeiss brown leather ‘Ever Ready Case’ which is in fair condition, with scuffs and marks in the leather commensurate with age and use.
- The camera would probably benefit from a CLA (clean, lubricate and adjust) to ensure that it is in peak working order.
- We haven’t had a roll of film through the camera but the camera cocks and shutter depresses with no visible problems.
- Some black paint is missing on the metal camera frame but cosmetically it is in pretty good condition.
- There is some kind of black tape on the inside of the bellows, which can only be seen when the bellows are fully extended, however, the bellows show no visible pin holes. These types of bellows are notorious for light leakage, which is possibly the reason for the tape.
- The purist may wish to totally replace the bellows and new bellows can be made to order from China, (e.g. on Ebay)
- The price for the Ikonta has been reduced as a consequence.
- Apart from dust particles, as would be expected in a camera of this age, we could see no evidence of fungus. The shutter was opened on the 'T' setting and the Iris diaphragm was set to maximum aperture. The lens was erected and we then inspected the clarity of the lens in daylight and under a lamp.
Carl Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta C (I think it is a 530/2)
Camera Serial Number: 1249670
Year of release: 1930s
Type: viewfinder folding camera
Film/framesize: 120 / 6×9cm 2 1/4 x 31/4 inch
Lens: Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:3.8/10.5cm
Lens: Number 1795101
Shutter: Compur shutter 1 - 1/250
Please click on the following link for more vintage cameras.
We Also Recommend
1960s Military Morse Magazine Recording Tape MA9 / GRA71 For An Electromechanical Burst Encoder
1950s British SEL Metal Battery Operated Traffic Light Toy Model 720 In Its Original Box