Roberts R606-MB Portable Radio Three Waveband MW/LW/FM
This 1970s Roberts R606-MB Portable Radio Three Waveband MW/LW/FM has recently been fully checked, serviced, cleaned and polished. It is complete, and the tatty leatherette fabric has been professionally replaced with a very ‘on trend’ duck egg blue check, with a matching duck egg blue leather trim.
In very good cosmetic condition, with a few small blemishes on the teak sides. The chrome grille, volume and tuning dials have some surface scuffs; the push buttons are in very good condition. This would make a great vintage radio for a seaside cottage or any room with a duck egg blue theme!
The Roberts R606-MB is a 3 waveband radio (MW/LW/FM)
- Switchable AFC provides accurate tuning and good station locking on FM.
- Red movable Station Markers
- Separate Bass and Treble Tone controls
- This radio has sockets for a headphone and a DC9 volt socket for an external mains adapter.
- Telescopic aerial for FM, and ferrite aerials for LW and MW.
- Wave bands: Medium Wave, Long Wave, and FM .
- Requires 6 x 1.5volt size ‘C’ Batteries/ cells. The batteries are not included.
- The wooden case is finished in a duck-egg blue check with solid teak ends.
- It has a black plastic handle. A large hinged door on the base gives access to the battery compartment.
- Approximate Dimensions excluding handle(WHD): 29.2 x 18.0 x 8.5 cm
It is in very good working order and has a fantastic sound quality.
As this is a more than 20 years old radio it may have some very small age related defects, but in general it looks stunning and will be a great addition to any radio collection.
To view a user manual, please click on the following link.
- Country: Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand: Roberts Radio Co.Ltd., East Molesey, Surrey, UK
- Year: 1975 Category: Broadcast Receiver
- Reception principle Super-Heterodyne
- Net weight: 2.1 kg
If you like vintage radios then please click on the following link for more products.