Original Roberts RT1 Two Waveband Transistor Radio
This original 1950s Original Roberts RT1 Two Waveband Transistor Radio is a British Made Portable Radio. Extremely well engineered Long Wave and Medium Wave radio. The design has proven so popular that it was revived for the digital age as the Roberts Revival 250.
NB: the radio does not have FM/VHF
As this is a more than 60 years old radio it does have some age related defects, but in general it looks pretty good and will be a great addition to any radio collection.
- It has recently been fully checked, serviced, cleaned and polished. It is complete and original, and in fairly good cosmetic condition for its age.
- The original red rexine leather cloth covered wood cabinet is intact and in fairly good condition: it does have black marks all over the surface resembling dirt, (which is engrained in the rexine and hasn’t been removed by cleaning), and a few black dots and superficial surface scuffs. The price has been reduced accordingly.
- Radio is working on both MW and LW.
- Cream bakelite knobs are in good condition and the display is still bright and colourful, albeit with some surface marks.
- It has a good red leather carry handle, with a slight nick in the leather, and a rotating turntable disc on the base.
- Original Roberts badge is bright and in good condition.
- Wave bands: Medium Wave (MW) and Long Wave (LW) only from an internal ferrite rod aerial
- Work from the mains using the in built lead (AC only) or requires a 1.5volt LT and a 90 volt HT Batteries/ cells. The batteries are not included.
- The wooden case is finished in a red rexine leatherette cloth
- It has a red leather handle.
- A large hinged door on the back gives access to the battery compartment and valves.
- Approximate Dimensions excluding handle(WHD): 25 x 16 x 11 cm / 9.8 x 6.3 x 4.3 inch
Country: Great Britain (UK)
Manufacturer / Brand: Roberts Radio Co.Ltd., East Molesey, Surrey, UK
Year: 1958-1960 Category: Broadcast Receiver
Reception principle Super-Heterodyne (Super in general)
Loudspeaker: Permanent Magnet Dynamic (moving coil)
For more Roberts Radios, please click on the following link.