1990s Portable Roberts R701 3 Waveband Transistor Radio
This 1990s Portable Roberts R701 3 Waveband Transistor Radio is one of the last traditional British Made transistor radios by Roberts.
The Roberts R701 is a 3 waveband radio (MW/LW/FM)
- Switchable AFC provides accurate tuning and good station locking on FM.
- This radio has sockets for a headphone and a DC9 volt socket for an external mains adapter.
- Telescopic aerial for FM, and ferrite aerials for LW and MW.
- Wave bands: Medium Wave, Long Wave, and FM .
- Requires 6 x 1.5volt size ‘C’ Batteries/ cells. The batteries are not included.
- The wooden case is finished in a creamy-beige leather cloth with solid teak ends.
- It has a cream leather covered black plastic handle. A large hinged door on the base gives access to the battery compartment.
- Approximate Dimensions excluding handle(WHD): 25.5 x 16.3 x 8.0cmm / 10 x 6.4 x 3.1 inch
This radio has recently been fully checked, serviced, cleaned and polished. It is complete and original, all in very good cosmetic condition. The leather cloth covered cabinet is in good condition with a minor scuff mark on the rear of the radio, and a few black dots.
It is in very good working order and has a fantastic sound quality. The tuning dial is very clean & bright, the original knobs and push buttons are in excellent condition.
As this is a more than 20 years old radio it may have some very small age related defects, but in general it looks stunning and will be a great addition to any radio collection.
To view a user manual, please click on the following link.
- Country: Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand: Roberts Radio Co.Ltd., East Molesey, Surrey, UK
- Year: 1993 Category: Broadcast Receiver
- Reception principle Super-Heterodyne
- Loudspeaker: Permanent Magnet Dynamic (moving coil)
- Net weight: 1.3 kg
If you like vintage radios then please click on the following link for more products.