1960s Green Vintage Roberts MW LW RT7 Radio
This 1960s Green Vintage Roberts MW LW RT7 Radio is a 2 Waveband British Made Portable Radio. Extremely well engineered, it works from a 9 volt battery/cell (not included).
As this is a more than 50 years old radio it may have some age related defects, but in general it looks stunning and will be a great addition to any radio collection or as retro home/office décor! I love the shape of the radio, which looks like an oversized handbag!
- It has recently been fully checked, serviced, cleaned and polished. It is complete and original, and in pretty good cosmetic condition for its age.
- The radio is working on both MW and LW. NB: the radio does not have FM/VHF
- The original green rexine leather cloth covered wood cabinet is intact and in pretty good condition: it does have a few black marks and surface scuffs.
- The cream plastic knobs and push buttons are in good condition and the display is still bright and colourful, albeit with some surface marks and scuffs.
- It has a very good green leather carry handle and a black rotating turntable disc on the base.
- The original metal cursive Roberts badge is in good condition.
Manufacturer / Brand: Roberts Radio Co.Ltd., East Molesey, Surrey, UK
Wave bands: Medium Wave (MW) and Long Wave (LW).
Power type and voltage Dry Batteries / 1 x 9 Volt (PP9 type- not included)
Material: Green Leather/leatherette over wood
Dimensions (WHD) 13 x 9.5 x 5 inch
Original price (as shown in the advert in one of the photos): 23 guineas plus purchase tax (over £500 in 2019)!
Country: Great Britain (UK)
Reception principle Super-Heterodyne (Super in general)
Loudspeaker: Permanent Magnet Dynamic (moving coil)
Works from 7 transistors and 2 germanium diodes
For more vintage/antique radios, please click on the following link.