1960s Hacker Herald Model RP35 MW LW Radio
Available today, we have a very impressive 1960s Hacker Herald Model RP35 MW LW Radio, made in Great Britain by Hacker Radio Ltd, Maidenhead.
Please note that this radio does not have VHF/FM. It covers the Medium Wave and Long wave broadcast bands only.
Hackers were a luxury product praised for their build quality and superb sound: every radio collector should have at least one!
- Manufacturer: Hacker Radio, Maidenhead, UK. 1960s
- Dimensions (WHD): 28.5 x 21 x 11 cm / 11.2 x 8.3 x 4.3 inch (excluding the handle)
- Unpacked Weight: 2.9 kg
- Frequency Coverage LW/ MW
- Antenna – Internal ferrite rod
- Batteries/ Cells – requires 2 of 9 Volts: Please note that the cells/ batteries are not included but are readily available to buy on the internet. Alternatively, a mains DC PSU of the wall wart type would power the radio from a mains supply (not included).
- Loudspeaker: Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) – elliptical
- This radio is in good cosmetic condition, with only minor marking, with a black leatherette covered case showing all knobs and trims present. It has been stripped, cleaned and restored to good working condition.
- There is a few small scuffs and marks on the black leatherette and a tiny tear in the fabric at the back on the left hand side (see image).
- The top dial plate is in very good condition with a few small marks on the knobs.
- Slight wear to the front speaker grill
For more vintage radio, please click on the following link.