1950s Eddystone S-811 Diecast Aluminium 7 Inch Round Loudspeaker
If you like quirky radio related ephemera then this 1950s Eddystone S-811 Diecast Aluminium 7 Inch Round Loudspeaker would be perfect for you!
Manufactured by the famous radio manufacturer, Eddystone, Stratton & Co, Birmingham UK, from 1953-1963, as a loudspeaker to accompany an Eddystone Radio communications receiver. The loudspeaker is working but is being sold as a display item only, for the man cave, radio room or anywhere you need a conversation piece!
A nice and truly scarce thing here on offer, one of the die cast Eddystone speakers but the rarer large 7 inch diameter one. Chrome and matte black crinkle (crackle) finish in good cosmetic condition, with some flecks of coating missing from the grilles. The appearance/ style/ condition is the same on both sides of the loudspeaker.
- Country: Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand: Eddystone, Birmingham (Stratton & Co.Ltd)
- Year: 1953–1963
- Type: Monitor Speaker S- 811 seated on two felt coated metal tubular feet
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Power out
- Approximate Dimensions (WDH): 18.0 x 9.0 x 19.0 cm / 7.1 x 3.5 x 7.5 inch
What do radios and jewellery have in common? Click on this link to our blog to find out more!
For more radio items, please click on the following link.