Photographic Enlarging By R Child Bayley
This antique book on Photographic Techniques is entitled ” Photographic Enlarging, Issued By The Amateur Photographer and Photography.” Written by the renowned photographer, Roger Child Bayley. Published By Iliffe & Sons Limited.
This is an original book and not a 2019 reprint. There is no publishing date in the book but probably dates to 1910s/20s, which is when Child Bayley issued most of his photographic reference books. 7 Editions of the book were printed between 1910 & 1924. This is a fourth edition.
This classic small book is a real snapshot in the history of photography. It contains information on Photographic Enlarging from; daylight enlarging, paper types (Platino-matte, Bromide papers, semi-gloss bromide, Wellington Cream Crayon Bromide, Ilford Bromona), Spotting & Working Up, and Carbro: Bromoil.
Some of the photos and adverts are wonderful, a real slice through time! (NB: Written assuming that only the male species were photographers….).
- Used Hardcover: 178 pages, 14 Chapters
- Author: Roger Child Bayley (then Editor of the “The Amateur Photographer and Photography,” he was born in the UK and emigrated to the US)
- Publisher: Iliffe & Sons Limited
- Book Condition: Fair
- Published in 1920s. Fourth Edition
- Discoloured and Scuffed Red-orange cloth hardcover with black & white design and lettering.
- Spine ends and corners have light wear and bumps
- Interior has browned with age
- Previous owner’s name on front free endpaper
- Approximate size: Crown Octavo (8vo) Height: 19cm x Width 13cm x Depth 1.3cm
A nice old pocket reference book for the book collector and Photographer.
Please click on the following link for more vintage/antique books.