1950s Quad AM2 Valve Tuner
This is a very nice European Specification 1950s Quad AM2 Valve tuner, which was built to match the Quad FM1 and Control 22 unit ensemble. It has Short Wave, Medium Wave and Long Wave capability. It is in reasonable cosmetic condition, with surface scuffs/scratches on the case and gold paint missing from the tuning scale. The metal top of the case has also slightly pitted.
The tuner has not been powered or restored, and the current working condition is unknown. Internal capacitors will need reforming prior to use. These AM2 tuners are rare to find these days!
- Type: Mono Tuner
- Tuning Bands: MW, LW, SW
- Tuning Scale: Analogue
- MW Tuning Range: 588-185 metres
- LW Tuning Range: 2070-800 metres
- SW Tuning Range: 5.8-18.5 MC/S
- Output: 100mV
- Valve complement: EF89, ECH81, EBF89, EM84
- Dimensions: 26.7 x8.9 x15.3cm
- Front Panel Colour: Silvered Fawn
- Knob Colour: Matt Brown
- External Aerial Required
- Aerial Connector
- Built by The Acoustical Manufacturing Company, Huntingdon, Cambridge, England.
- Serial Number: 7103
A brochure for the AM2 can be found by clicking on the following link https://www.vintageshifi.com/repertoire-pdf/Quad.php
For more vintage HiFi, please click on the following link.