Vintage Wood Mounted Type N Smiths Motor Car Dashboard Clock
This Vintage Wood Mounted Type N Smiths Motor Car Dashboard Clock really had me confused! At first glance, it seemed to be a mantelpiece clock. It is only on closer inspection do you find that it is a car dashboard clock that has been transformed into a mantelpiece clock.
Dial and case are clean, neither have been restored or painted. Nice black face, white painted hands (slight paint wear) and a slightly tarnished chrome rim and case. The clock was probably fitted into a bespoke solid oak case in the 1950s/60s. This art deco geometric shaped case has been lightly sanded and varnished with Danish Oil to show off the patina and wonderful grain structure of the wood.
The 8-day clock is in good vintage working condition. The time keeping has not been calibrated and, in a time piece of this vintage, we would always recommend that it is serviced professionally.
This would be fantastic accessory for the 1930s-40s Classic Car enthusiast or for the vintage office.
- 1940’s Smiths Type N Dashboard clock
- Manual wind movement
- Chrome clock case.
- Black clock face with white hands and markings.
- Mounted in a solid oak block in an Art Deco stepped geometric shape.
- Made in England by Smiths
- Approximate Maximum Dimensions
- Clock Diameter including chrome bezel: ~ 8.5cm
- Overall Height (including bun feet): ~ 22cm
- Overall depth: ~8.4cm
- Overall width: ~18cm
For more vintage clocks, please click on the following link.