1930s Wade Heath English Country Cottage Covered Cheese Dish
I love this 1930s Wade Heath English Country Cottage Covered Cheese Dish or Butter Dish: a forerunner of the famous Wade Walt Disney ‘Snow White’ Cottage!
The lid is a beautiful design with a typical Old Cottage feel, incorporating a thatched roof, chimney, and windows. The plate is cream with an embossed green border representing grass. The whole ensemble is hand painted.
Usually, these cottages have a gloss glaze and/or brown painted beams and roof, this cottage is more unusual as it has a matt glaze with straw yellow roof with black accents.
Overall, the ensemble is in good condition, with no chips, cracks or restoration. There is slight loss of paint, particularly noticeable in the black areas. The overall Height (base to chimney top) of the Cheese/Butter dish is approximately 12cm and the maximum width and length of 18.5cm.
- The cottage lid is in good cosmetic condition for its age with no chips, cracks or restoration.
- There is some very slight crazing to the glaze and nibbles on the edges where its been in contact with the base.
- Measures approximately: 14cm/ 5.5″ (Length) x 14cm/ 5.5″ (Width) x 12cm/ 5″ (Height)
- Matt Glaze. Hand Painted
- Slight loss of paint, as seen, for example, in the wood effect beams on the cottage
- The bottom plate is crazed and has manufacturing defects, including air bubbles.
- Some of the green paint has been very slightly scuffed off the surface at the edges.
- Measures approximately: 18.5cm (Base Width) x 18.5cm (base length) x 5cm (Height)
- Stamped on the back with Wadeheath, England
This gorgeous cheese dish makes a wonderful display item and would look great on a Sideboard, Welsh dresser or the Afternoon Tea Table!
For more Vintage Wade, please click on the following link.