1970s Coalport Ming Rose Porcelain Bonbon Dish
A very pretty, twin handled, 1970s Coalport Ming Rose Porcelain Bonbon Dish, made by Coalport in Staffordshire after it became part of Wedgwood. This delicate pattern comprises Pink, Yellow & Blue Flowers on a white porcelain and gilded background.
The colours are a little paler in real life than depicted in some of the photographs, and closest to those in the image below:-
In very good condition with no chips, cracks or restoration. A nice display item for the kitchen, living room or bedroom.
Approximate Maximum Dimensions
- Height: 4cm
- Base Diameter: 10cm (4″)
- Maximum width: 25cm (10″)
We also have a Ming Rose Ginger Jar and a trinket box available. Please click on the following link.
Some Trivia For You
The Coalport porcelain manufactory (or Coalport China) was the first porcelain factory in Coalbrookdale, Shropshire, England. It was founded in 1795 by John Rose, at Coalport, and served by the Coalport Canal, which had been completed in 1792. In 1926, the company moved from Shropshire to the Potteries, Stoke-on-Trent in Staffordshire. Coalport became part of Wedgwood in 1967.