Tudor Rolex Grantour Rotor Date Watch 20050N
This is a very nice Tudor Rolex Grantour Rotor Date Watch 20050N. Sourced from a leading Milan Rolex dealership in 2010 as of course, then, like now, Tudor watches are not officially imported into the United Kingdom.
The watch is truly in mint collector’s condition. It has been rarely taken from its original packaging in the intervening years since manufacture: the cellophane back protector is still fitted. This ensemble comes double boxed, complete with; hang tag, spare links, credit card style passport, guarantee, and instruction manual.
- Model: Grantour date Rotor automatic watch Tudor available 2009 – 2012.
- Case: Stainless steel, polished and satined. 42mm case diameter without crown. Case-height 10.9 mm.
- Bezel: Black inlay and 12 hours scaling marked in Porsche font.
- Bracelet: Polished steel and satined. Security buckle with the manufacturer logo, 205mm length including case.
- Dial: Grey/black, with applied stainless steel indexes. Stainless steel luminous hand, displaying hours, minutes and second from the centre. Date display at 3.
- Crystal: Sapphire Glass.
- Crown: Rolex triple-lock design, screw-down crown with flank protection and manufacturer Logo.
- Movement: – Tudor 2824, 25 jewels, 26mm diameter, 4.6mm thickness, 38 hour power reserve operating on a frequency of 28800 vph.
- Weight: – 147g.
- Model reference: – 20050N
Inspired by Gran Turismo, the Grantour line was introduced in 2009 in conjunction with Porsche designating Tudor as the timing partner for Porsche Motorsports. From Porsche’s website:
With the timepiece brand “Tudor” Porsche has won another strong brand for Porsche motorsport. As “Timing Partner Porsche Motorsport” the timepiece company has committed to a long term alliance with Porsche. Tudor, a brand of Rolex, is the official partner of the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup and is present at all Formula 1-supporting Carrera Cup races.
The partnership was timed to coincide with Tudor’s market launch of a new high-end collection of watches with the name “Grantour”. The first presentation of the new creation, where images of road-homologated Porsche sports cars are utilized in its communications, could be seen at the Basel World Trade Fair from 26 March to 2 April 2009.
For more vintage jewellery and watches, please click on the following link.