1930s Beswick Ware China Cottage Butter, Cheese Dish Model 250
- The cottage lid is in good cosmetic condition for it’s age with no chips, cracks or restoration. There is some very slight crazing to the glaze .
- Measures approximately: 14cm/ 5.5″ (Length) x 12cm/ 4.7″ (Width) x 15cm/ 6″ (Height)
- Stamped inside with Beswick ware. Made in England.
- The bottom plate is crazed and has manufacturing defects, including air bubbles. Some of the green paint has been scuffed off the surface at the edges.
- Measures approximately: 17cm/ 6.7″ (Width) x 20cm/ 8″ (length) x 2cm/ 0.8″ (Height)
- Stamped on the back with Beswick Ware Made in England, and impressed with BESWICK, MADE IN ENGLAND, 250.
This large butter dish makes a wonderful display item and would look great on a sideboard, on a Welsh dresser or the Afternoon Tea Table!
If you like Beswick china, then please click on the following link.
Some Information About Beswick
Beswick was established by John Wright Beswick in 1894 at the Gold Street Works in Longton, Stoke-on Trent, UK.
They are famous for their animal figurines and well known characters from, for example, Beatrix Potter (1948) and some of the best loved Disney characters in 1952: Snow White, Mickey Mouse and Bambi.
Beswick was sold to Royal Doulton in 1969, and production was continued until 2002 when manufacturing ceased and the Gold Street works was demolished in 2003. In 2004, the Beswick name and product design rights were purchased and is now part of the Dartington Crystal group of brands.