1930s Boxed Red Bakelite Hanovia Midget Sollux Surgeons Forehead Lamp
This 1930s Boxed Red Bakelite Hanovia Midget Sollux Surgeons Forehead Lamp is in wonderful condition.
Hanovia is a British manufacturer particularly well known for their floor standing therapeutic UV medical lamps but we haven’t been able to find out much about this surgeons’ forehead lamp. The bakelite part of the lamp is marked Foreign.
- Velvet lined Morocco leatherette box
- Russet Red Bakelite Lamp
- Silk Braided Power Supply Wire
- Stainless steel band with ebonite mounts
- Canvas headband
The box is in good cosmetic condition, with a few surface scuffs commensurate with age and storage conditions.
Likewise, the forehead lamp is also in very good cosmetic condition:-
- No chips or cracks in the beautiful red bakelite lamp head
- The silk braided power supply wire is unchafed with bright colours
- Stainless steel band with ebonite mounts is in bright unscratched condition.
- The canvas head band probably needs a wash
This truly is an engineering work of art and would make a fantastic addition to a medical ephemera collection.
British Hanovia Quartz Lamp Co Ltd was founded in Slough, in 1924 and holds various patents and manufacturing rights across the former British Empire!
For more vintage technology, please click on the following link