SylvaC Pottery: The company, Shaw and Copestake (SylvaC)was founded in 1894 by William Copestake and William Shaw. Copestake left in 1895 and Richard Hull became Shaw’s partner, and joined by Hull’s son (Richard Junior) in 1936. In 1938 the partners bought Thomas Lawrence Falcon pottery. The company continued to thrive as Shaw and Copestake until 1982 when it went into voluntary liquidation.
SylvaC are famous for their figurines of animals; in particular rabbits and dogs. They were also well know for their Toby Jugs, which were popular commemorative and advertising pieces.
Most of us remember SylvaC in the orange and green glazes but they actually used quite a range of colours.