Royal Winton China: Grimwade Brothers were established in 1886 by Leonard Lumsden Grimwade and his brother, Sidney Richard. In 1900 the company, based in Winton, Upper Hanley and Elgin potteries (Staffordshire, UK), changed their name to Grimwades Ltd. They were well known producers of earthenware, majolica and jet.
The company was much loved especially when, in 1928, they introduced their trademark floral chintz pattern ‘Marguerite.’
The Royal Winton trade name was established in 1929 and is used to this day. Some of the original pre-1960s chintz patterns have been revived for the 21st Century.