Crown Devon

Crown Devon was founded in the 1878 by Simon Fielding when he bought the Railways Pottery in Sutherland Street, Stoke-on-Trent, UK. The Railway works was renamed as ‘The Devon Pottery’ in 1912. Although the Crown Devon back stamp did appear on some late 19th Century patterns.

They are most famous for their Majolica (brightly coloured lead-glazed earthenware), which was very popular in the U.K and U.S.A in the late 19th and early 20th Century.

Unfortunately, the company closed in 1982 but their pottery is still in demand and some of their pieces are now commanding quite high prices.

Showing all 3 results

Showing all 3 results