Burgess & Leigh (Burleigh ware)

Burgess & Leigh (Burleigh ware) were established in 1851 in Burslem, Staffordshire, England, originally as Hulme and Booth.  William Leigh and Frederick Rathbone Burgess took over  the pottery in 1862, trading as Burgess & Leigh.

The trademark “Burleigh”  was used from the 1930s and is a combination of the two names.

They moved to the Middleport factory in 1889, which was recently renovated in 2011-2014 by The Prince’s Renovation Trust.

It takes 25 pairs of hands to create a single piece of Burleigh ware! Dedication indeed!

Showing all 3 results

Showing all 3 results