Vintage Scissor Action Walligraph Style Document Holder
This is an extremely rare Vintage Scissor Action Walligraph Style Document Holder.
It comprises the following features:
- Metal Base stand: approx. 12 x 11cm rectangle (4.7″ x 4.3″)
- Scissor action (concertina) metal frame, which pulls out to a maximum of ~19cm (7.5″)
- Metal Document holder: 24cm x 16cm rectangle (~ 9.5″ x 6.3″)
- Original Spring (Bulldog type) clip/ clamp with logo WL
- Butterfly screws connecting the main component parts. These are rusty and stiff.
The stand is in the style of ‘Walligraph’ lamps and telephone stands but I am unable to confirm that it is by Walligraph.
This stand is practical, stylish and in good vintage condition. The original black enamel has pitted and the underlying surface is rusty. It could be restored, polished and powder coated but we have left it with its vintage patina intact.
This document stand probably dates to the early 20th Century. It was probably used in an office/ industrial environment but would also make a great book stand or small artist’s desk top easel .
For more Vintage Office Products, please click on the following link.